Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Very First Post :)

So, here is my very first post; for those of you who know me well, you will be very proud of this first step. I am not one to sit down and write updates and so this blog is something that will be difficult for me and yet something that I believe will be good for me. As many of you know, I have accepted a position as a teacher at a Christian International Montessori school in Korea called KONIS (Kids of the Nation International School). I am now in the process of acquiring a visa. This is a process that has quite a few hoops to jump through and you have to love all those hidden costs. As soon as I know more about a time frame I will be updating people. I am really excited for the experience to come. God is already teaching me so much about trusting him. Yesterday I was starting to freak out about the financial aspect of this endeavor and I just kept praying that God would give me a peace and help me not to worry. Of course, as He does sometimes, He did even more than that - God spoke to someone at our church and they gave me a check for almost the exact amount of what my visa is going to cost. It was like God was saying, "Trust me in this; you have nothing to fear, I WILL look out for you and we WILL get through this together." God is so awesome and I am really looking forward to what He's going to teach me through this experience just as much as I am looking forward to helping the children at KONIS learn. My goal is to update this blog once a week or more. I will be posting pictures, stories and random things about living in another culture. I look forward to writing these updates and I look forward to hearing your responses. Love you all

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Heather! I'll be praying for you and reading your blog for sure! God is going to do amazing things through this experience.God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Hope you are enjoying your Korea experience!
    I have a question, if you don't mind. I am relocating to Seoul next month. I have a 2 year old son who goes to Montessori here where I currently live, and I LOVE it, but more importantly He LOOOOves it! I would love to put him in one as well down there, I've done some research, and I found KONIS... Question is, I cant find the Tuition costs anywhere, and I can seem to be able to establish a connection with them by phone.
    If you have any idea of how much it is, "budgetting purposes" and you could tell me, I would Highly appreciate it!

    Thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete